Sometimes the easiest DIY to do with our kiddos can be right under our nose. I’m a believer that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on craft supplies to create with your children. Can you believe that with only a few simple craft sticks, a little water, and a little time you can create your own easy DIY kids bracelet from a craft stick? You won’t believe how simple this is. This is a great kids craft of all ages. Ready, here we go!
I’m going to make this tutorial really simple because, well, this craft is super simple!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links we will make a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Let’s gather our materials:
- Craft sticks or Popsicle sticks
- Cup; make sure you get a sturdy cup or glass that will be a similar size to how big you want the “bracelet” to be
- Paint, glitter or markers
Another idea I had is to purchase already colored craft sticks. This will make decorating easier.
Here is my tutorial for the easy DIY kids bracelet from a craft stick.
- Soak craft sticks in water for at least 2 hours
- Pull craft sticks out of the water and start to bend them SLOWLY – if you bend them too fast they might crack or splinter
- Bend the sticks enough to fit in a glass. You can also wrap a rubber band around them. Note: the craft stick will expand a little after you remove it so bend it tighter than you want it.
- Let the craft sticks sit in a glass overnight or at least 12 hours.
- Remove your new “bracelets” and decorate them however you wish!
Wasn’t that simple! My favorite type of crafts are those that are super easy and super cheap. After all, it’s not like kids cherish their crafts :).
Thank you for stopping by to see how to make an easy DIY bracelet with a craft stick!
Until we meet again, happy crafting!