Looking for lots of kid friendly pizza recipes? You will find a handful of easy recipes that kids can make and you can enjoy too!
Pizza is a favorite food for many people, including children. Making pizza at home is a great way to save money and ensure that the ingredients are fresh and nutritious. Kid-friendly pizza recipes are a great way to get kids involved in cooking and encourage them to try new foods. Also let’s not forget about pizza pockets, pizza rolls, and calzones too. There are loads of ways to make a fresh and healthy pizza, so let me show you a few!
There are many different types of kid-friendly pizza recipes that can be made at home. Some recipes use traditional pizza toppings such as pepperoni and cheese, while others incorporate more unusual ingredients such as fruits and vegetables. Making pizza at home allows parents to customize the toppings to their child’s tastes and dietary needs.
Understanding Kid Friendly Pizza
Pizza is one of the most popular dishes among kids, and it’s no surprise why. It’s delicious, easy to eat, and fun to make. However, not all pizzas are created equal when it comes to kid-friendliness. Here are some things to keep in mind when making kid-friendly pizza:
Simplicity is Key
Kids tend to prefer simple and familiar flavors, so it’s best to stick to classic toppings like cheese, pepperoni, and sausage. Avoid toppings that are too spicy or exotic, as they may turn kids off from the dish altogether.
Get Creative with Presentation
While simple toppings are important, that doesn’t mean your pizza has to be boring. Get creative with how you present your toppings. For example, arrange pepperoni slices in the shape of a smiley face, or use olives to create a fun pattern. You can make healthy vegetable pizza and make fun faces out of it!
Make it Mini
Kids love things that are small and bite-sized, so consider making mini pizzas, pizza rolls or pizza pockets instead of one large pie. This also allows kids to customize their own pizzas with their favorite toppings.
Don’t Skimp on the Sauce
Pizza sauce is an essential component of any pizza, and it’s especially important when it comes to kid-friendly pizzas. Make sure to use a high-quality sauce that is not too spicy or acidic.
Let Them Help
Getting kids involved in the pizza-making process can make them more excited to eat the final product. Let them help with tasks like rolling out the dough, spreading the sauce, and adding toppings. This also gives them a sense of ownership over the dish.
When it comes to making kid-friendly pizza, choosing the right ingredients is key. Here are some essential ingredients to consider:
Choosing the Right Cheese
One of the most important ingredients in any pizza is the cheese. For kid-friendly pizzas, it’s best to stick with mild, melty cheeses that kids love. Mozzarella is a classic choice, but you can also try other mild cheeses like provolone or Monterey Jack. If your kids are adventurous eaters, you can even try adding a little bit of feta or goat cheese for some extra flavor.
Picking the Perfect Pizza Sauce
The sauce is another important component of any pizza. For kid-friendly pizzas, it’s best to stick with a basic tomato sauce. Look for a sauce that is low in sugar and doesn’t have any added spices or seasonings that might be too strong for kids. If your kids are picky eaters, you can even try using a white sauce or pesto instead.
Selecting Kid-Friendly Toppings
For kid-friendly pizzas, it’s best to stick with toppings that kids are familiar with and enjoy. Some classic kid-friendly toppings include pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms. You can also try adding some veggies like bell peppers or onions for some extra nutrition.
Basic Pizza Dough Recipe
Making pizza dough from scratch may seem intimidating at first, but it’s actually quite easy and can be a fun activity to do with kids. This basic pizza dough recipe is a great starting point for creating your own delicious pizzas. You can also purchase already made pizza dough and make your own pizza with Pillsbury Pizza crust.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl.
- Mix until all the ingredients are combined and a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a damp towel.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes to an hour, or until it doubles in size.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and knead it for a few more minutes.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape.
This basic pizza dough recipe can be customized by adding herbs or spices to the dough, or by using different types of flour. Once you have your dough ready, you can add your favorite toppings and bake it in the oven for a delicious homemade pizza.
Making the Pizza Sauce
Pizza sauce is the foundation of a delicious pizza, and making it from scratch is easy and fun. With a few simple ingredients, anyone can create a flavorful and kid-friendly pizza sauce that will make their homemade pizzas taste amazing.
To make the pizza sauce, start with a can of tomato sauce. Look for a brand that has no added salt or sugar, as these can overpower the other flavors in the sauce. Pour the tomato sauce into a bowl and add a tablespoon of olive oil. This will help the sauce cook evenly and give it a nice texture.
Next, add a teaspoon of dried oregano, a teaspoon of dried basil, and a teaspoon of garlic powder. These herbs and spices will give the sauce a classic pizza flavor that kids will love. Stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
If you want to add a little sweetness to the sauce, you can also add a tablespoon of honey or brown sugar. This will balance out the acidity of the tomatoes and make the sauce more kid-friendly.
Once the sauce is mixed, it’s ready to use on your pizza. Spread it evenly over the crust, leaving a little space around the edges for the crust to puff up. Then add your favorite toppings and bake the pizza according to your recipe’s instructions.
Assembling the Pizza
Once the pizza dough has been prepared and the toppings have been selected, it’s time to assemble the pizza. Here are a few tips to ensure that the pizza turns out just right:
- Preheat the oven to the temperature specified in the recipe or on the pizza dough package.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to the desired thickness and shape. If using a pizza stone, sprinkle cornmeal on the stone to prevent sticking.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around the edges.
- Add the toppings in the desired order, starting with any meats or vegetables that need to be cooked. Be sure not to overload the pizza with toppings, as this can make it difficult to cook properly.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the pizza, covering all of the toppings.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for the amount of time specified in the recipe or on the pizza dough package. Check the pizza periodically to ensure that it is cooking evenly.
- Once the pizza is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Baking a pizza is an easy and fun activity that the whole family can enjoy. Follow these simple instructions to bake your kid-friendly pizza recipe to perfection.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to the temperature specified in your recipe. Typically, pizzas are baked at 425°F (218°C) for 12-15 minutes.
- Prepare the dough: If you are using homemade dough, roll it out on a floured surface to the desired thickness. If you are using store-bought dough, follow the instructions on the package.
- Add toppings: Spread pizza sauce over the dough and add your desired toppings. Remember to keep it kid-friendly by using toppings such as cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and vegetables.
- Bake the pizza: Place the pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let it cool: Once the pizza is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Popular Kid Friendly Pizza Variations
Margherita pizza is a classic Italian pizza that is loved by adults and kids alike. It is a simple pizza that is made with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves. The sauce is spread over the pizza crust, followed by the cheese and basil leaves. The pizza is then baked in the oven until the cheese melts and the crust is crispy.
Pepperoni pizza is a popular pizza variation that is loved by kids. It is made with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices. The sauce is spread over the pizza crust, followed by the cheese and pepperoni slices. The pizza is then baked in the oven until the cheese melts and the crust is crispy.
Vegetable pizza is a healthy pizza variation that is perfect for kids who love veggies. It is made with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and olives. The sauce is spread over the pizza crust, followed by the cheese and vegetables. The pizza is then baked in the oven until the cheese melts and the crust is crispy.
Creating kid-friendly pizza recipes is a great way to spend time with your children in the kitchen and to introduce them to new flavors and ingredients. With a little creativity and experimentation, you can create delicious and nutritious pizzas that the whole family will love.
Ready to see all our pizza recipes?
Kid Friendly Pizza Recipes
Learn how to make these easy homemade pizza pockets in the air fryer! Perfect for kids to make themselves!
We’ve carefully chosen twenty recipes for different types of pizza crust that kids will love to eat! Learn how to make your own pizza dough!
Learn how to make a healthy kids pizza with vegetables and pillsbury pizza crust. Your kids will have fun making these cute personalized pizza’s that even have a smiley face!
Learn how to make these easy homemade air fryer pizza rolls with just five ingredients! Your kids will love these bitesized pizza snacks that they can easily make themselves!
Looking for easy Pillsbury Pizza Crust recipes? Look no further because a lot of these recipes your kids can make themselves!
Learn how to make this easy braided calzone pizza with Pillsbury Pizza Dough. This is an easy recipe that kids can do on their own!