Check out a handful of easy spring activities for kids including indoor, outdoor, arts and crafts and spring break ideas!
Spring is the perfect season for kids to engage in outdoor activities and explore the beauty of nature. With the warmer weather and longer days, children can spend more time playing outside and discovering new things. There are plenty of fun and educational activities that parents can plan for their kids during this season.
One of the most popular spring activities for kids is gardening. Children can learn about the different types of plants and flowers, and how they grow. They can also develop a sense of responsibility by taking care of their own garden. Another great activity is hiking. Spring is the perfect time to go on a nature walk and explore the local parks and trails. Kids can learn about the different types of trees, flowers, and animals that live in the area.
Spring is also a great time for kids to engage in outdoor sports and games. From soccer to frisbee, there are plenty of fun activities that children can participate in. Outdoor sports not only provide physical exercise but also help kids develop teamwork and sportsmanship skills. With so many options available, parents can easily find activities that their kids will enjoy and benefit from.
Outdoor Spring Activities for Kids
Spring is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the fresh air with your kids. Here are some fun outdoor activities to try:
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Make a list of items to find, such as a bird’s nest, a pinecone, and a wildflower. Have your kids search for the items and check them off as they find them.
- Visit a local park. Bring a frisbee, soccer ball, or other outdoor games to play. You can also pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a meal outside.
- Plant a garden. Get your kids involved in planting flowers, vegetables, or herbs. They will love watching their plants grow and taking care of them.
- Take a hike. Find a nearby trail and go for a hike with your kids. Make sure to bring plenty of water and snacks, and encourage your kids to explore and observe nature along the way.
These outdoor activities are not only fun, but they also provide opportunities for your kids to learn about nature and get some exercise. So, grab your sunscreen and head outside with your kids this spring!
Below is a list of other fun outdoor spring activities too.
Outdoor Spring Activities for kids
See a handful of easy outdoor spring activities for kids.
Flower Ice Cube Sensory Play
Learn how to make these cute flower ice cubes. This is a great sensory play activity for kids.
RAINBOW SOAP FOAM SENSORY PLAY
Learn how to make Rainbow foam soap with this easy tutorial.
Spring Nature Study for Kids – Free Nature Observation Worksheet
Check out these free printable spring observation pages that kids will love.
Painted Cinder Blocks Fun Garden Project for Kids
Learn how to take a few boring cinder blocks and paint them to make beautiful planters!
Nature Cuffs – Danya Banya
Learn how to upcycle toilet paper rolls to make these cute nature cuffs from fresh picked flowers and nature!
10 Favorite Outdoor Ball Games
If you need ideas for outdoor ball games especially around spring time, this post has it all!
Planting Herbs With Lukeosaurus
Learn how to teach your child to plant herbs with this easy tutorial.
Montessori-Inspired Fun with Easter Eggs and Oviparous Animals
Learn to introduce oviparous animals with fillable eggs in the spring.
Indoor Spring Activities for Kids
Spring is a great time to enjoy the outdoors, but sometimes the weather doesn’t cooperate and you need some rainy day activities. When it’s raining or too cold to play outside, there are still plenty of fun activities to do indoors with kids.
One great option is to have an indoor scavenger hunt. Create a list of items for kids to find around the house, such as a specific toy, a book with a certain title, or a piece of fruit. Give them a time limit and see who can find all the items first.
Another fun activity is to make homemade playdough. Kids can help measure and mix the ingredients, then spend hours molding and shaping the dough into different creations. There are plenty of easy recipes available online.
If you’re looking for a more active indoor activity, try setting up an obstacle course or making your own nerf targets to have an indoor nerf fight. Use pillows, furniture, and other household items to create a challenging course for kids to navigate. Time them to see who can complete the course the fastest.
Finally, don’t underestimate the power of a good old-fashioned board game. There are plenty of options for all ages, from Candyland for younger kids to Monopoly for older ones. Gather the family around the table for some friendly competition and quality time together.
Check out more springtime indoor activities below:
Indoor Spring Activities for Kids
Check out a handful of fun indoor spring activities for kids. These are great for rainy days!
Mega List of Ways to Play with Marbles for Kids
Check out a handful of easy ways to play with marbles. These simple ideas can entertain your kids for hours.
This cute toilet paper roll bumblebee activity is a great way to keep kids busy indoors on a rainy spring day.
2 ingredients Cloud Dough/Moon Sand! What are you waiting for? (Edible version available too!)
Learn how to make this awesome 2 ingredient cloud dough!
Build a Chain Reaction with Popsicle or Craft Sticks
See how to make this cool exploding chain reaction by weaving together popsicle sticks or craft sticks.
Balloon Tennis For Gross Motor Play
If your kids seem like they are climbing the walls, then try this easy and cheap balloon tennis game.
Homeschool Preschool Bird Activity
Learn to make these cute pine cone bird feeders. This is a great indoor spring activity.
Creating a Flower Sensory Bin This Spring For Your Kids
Creating a flower sensory bin for your young learner is super easy and can lead to hours of fun and a great indoor spring activity.
Easter Fine Motor Activity: Tape Rescue
This Easter fine motor activity is a fun indoor toddler activity for Spring! Free the egg from the washi tape to reveal the treat inside!
Easy nature sensory bags
These indoor nature sensory bags are a great way to bring the outdoors in on a rainy spring day.
Arts and Crafts spring activities for Kids
Spring is the perfect time to get creative with arts and crafts. Here are some fun and easy ideas to keep your kids entertained:
- Painting with flowers: Take a nature walk and collect different types of flowers. Dip them in paint and use them as stamps to create beautiful artwork.
- Egg carton caterpillars: Cut an egg carton into sections and paint them in bright colors. Add googly eyes and pipe cleaners for antennas to create cute caterpillars.
- Birdhouse building: Help your child build a birdhouse out of wood or a pre-made kit. They can decorate it with paint or stickers and watch as birds make it their home.
- Paper plate sun catchers: Cut out the center of a paper plate and decorate the edges with markers or paint. Hang it in a sunny window and watch as the colors shine through.
These activities are not only fun, but they also help develop your child’s creativity and fine motor skills. Plus, they can be done both indoors and outdoors, making them perfect for any spring day.
Arts and Crafts spring activities
Looking for some arts and crafts spring activities? Here are a handful of easy ideas.
Magnet Arts and Crafts for Kids
Learn how to mix paint with magnets to make your own art! Children will love watching the magnetic ball ‘magically’ move through the paint and mix the colors together.
Keepsake Toddler Craft ~ Simple Crafts for Kids and Toddlers
Learn how to make a cute keepsake toddler craft that you can frame! This is a great indoor activity for those spring rainy days.
Easy Marbled Seashell Art for Kids
See how to make these beautiful marbled seashell art with your kids!
Colorful Pasta Monsters
Who knew that dried pasta is a great craft supply! Check out these cute colorful pasta monsters that make a great arts and crafts for a spring day.
Hand Print Art: W is for Watermelon
Learn how to make this easy watermelon art with a handprint.
Learn how to make this fun and realistic paper towel roll rainstick. It really sounds like rain!
Learn how to make the easiest toilet paper roll wind chimes with string, a paper plate and toilet paper tubes.
Spring Break Ideas
Spring break is a great time for kids to relax and have fun. You can essentially use any of the above ideas for your spring break activity list. Here is a quick list of some ideas for activities that will keep them entertained:
- Outdoor Adventures: Spring is a great time to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Take a hike, go on a bike ride, or have a picnic in the park.
- Crafts and DIY Projects: Get creative with your kids by doing some fun crafts or DIY projects. You can make birdhouses, paint flower pots, or even create your own spring-themed decorations.
- Visit Local Attractions: Spring break is a great time to explore your local area. Visit a museum, zoo, or aquarium to learn something new.
- Spring Cleaning: Get your kids involved in some spring cleaning. They can help with tasks like organizing their room or decluttering the garage.
- Cooking and Baking: Spend some time in the kitchen with your kids. You can make spring-themed treats like cupcakes with flower decorations or fruit salads with fresh berries.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the time together. With these ideas, your kids will have a memorable and enjoyable spring break.
I hope this list helps you keep your kids busy!