Looking for a simple list of the best paints that are safe for babies to use? We’ve compiled a list of safe non toxic paints for babies with products from Amazon.
It’s no secret that I talk about a lot of paint product reviews on my other site, Repurpose and Upcycle. Normally I talk about DIY paints and all other types of crafty paints, but what about paint for babies and kids? I figured since we use so many paints on almost every kid craft we complete, it was time to share some safe, non toxic products.
That’s where baby-safe paints come in. These paints are specially formulated with non-toxic and natural ingredients that are safe for babies to be around. They are also low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which means they don’t release harmful gases into the air.
When choosing a baby-safe paint, it’s important to pay attention to the type of paint you’re buying. Some paints are labeled as “low-VOC,” but still contain chemicals that can be harmful to babies. Look for paints that are specifically marketed as “baby-safe” or “non-toxic.”
Disclosure; this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect the price you pay. This disclosure statement refers to the rest of the Amazon links in this post. See more on my disclosure page.
Table of Contents
Paints that are safe for Babies
Here is a list of the best baby safe paints on the market. We’ve done the research so you don’t have to. We’ve selected these products based on their safety, durability, and ease of use. Check out our top picks below.
We highly recommend the Crayola Washable Kids Paint, 6 Count for parents who want to introduce their children to painting. This product is safe for babies and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for those who want to promote their children’s creativity and improve their fine motor skills.
- The Crayola Washable Kids Paint is easy to wash off hands, clothes, and surfaces, making it worry-free for parents.
- The six classic colors included in the set are vibrant and blendable, allowing children to learn colors and mix secondary colors.
- The non-toxic formula of this paint makes it safe for babies and children of all ages to use.
- The paint may need to be poured out, which can sometimes lead to pouring out more than needed.
- The colors may stain clothes, so it’s best to wear old clothes or use a smock while painting.
- The paint may dry out quickly if not properly sealed after use.
The Crayola Washable Kids Paint is perfect for use at home or in the classroom. The paint is easy to handle and does not drip from brushes, making it easy for children to use. We love that the colors are washable and the paint does not separate, ensuring consistent performance. This paint is great for introducing young children to painting and helping them develop their fine motor skills. We highly recommend the Crayola Washable Kids Paint, 6 Count for parents who want to encourage their children’s creativity in a safe and worry-free way.
Overall, the Crayola Washable Kids Paint, 6 Count is an excellent choice for parents who want to introduce their children to painting. The paint is easy to wash off, safe for babies, and comes in vibrant colors that children will love. We highly recommend this product for parents who want to promote their children’s creativity and improve their fine motor skills.
We highly recommend the Remarkable U Washable Tempera Paint Set for parents looking for a fun and safe way to encourage their child’s creativity.
- The set includes 32 vibrant colors, including classic hues, bright colors, glitter paints, and glow in the dark pigments, allowing for endless creativity and exploration.
- The paint is non-toxic and safe for children, making it perfect for school projects, rainy day activities, and poster painting.
- The easy squeeze bottles with flip-top lids make it convenient to use and store, and the paint is machine washable for easy cleanup.
- The set may not include enough primary colors for some projects, but they can easily be mixed to create the desired color.
- The bottles of paint may not have as much paint as some users may prefer.
- Some users have reported that the glow in the dark pigments are not as bright as they expected.
We recently used this paint set for a rainy day activity with our kids and were impressed with the quality and variety of colors. The paint was easy to use and clean up, and our kids had a blast experimenting with the different colors and textures. We also appreciated that the paint is non-toxic and safe for our children to use. Overall, we highly recommend the Remarkable U Washable Tempera Paint Set for parents looking for a fun and safe way to encourage their child’s creativity.
We highly recommend the Jar Melo Safe Finger Paints for Toddlers as it is a non-toxic and washable paint set perfect for babies and kids.
- The baby paint is non-toxic and safe for babies.
- The texture of the paint is silky and vibrant colors stimulate sensory development.
- The paint is easy to wash and clean, making it convenient for parents.
- Perforated fabric and wood can be penetrated by paint, so they may not be easily washed.
- The colors may be a little transparent and watery, which may not look good on paper.
- Some users reported that the colors are barely visible when a small amount is used.
The Jar Melo Safe Finger Paints for Toddlers is a great gift for kids aged 2-6 years old. The paint set includes ten assorted colors, each with a 2.1 fl.oz volume. The paint is made of non-toxic materials that are safe for babies and kids. The texture of the paint is smooth and silky, like a face cream, which stimulates sensory development. The vibrant colors also attract the attention of babies and kids, making them more interested in painting. The paint set is easy to wash and clean, making it convenient for parents to use. However, users should note that perforated fabric and wood can be penetrated by paint, so they may not be easily washed. The colors may also be a little transparent and watery, which may not look good on paper. Some users reported that the colors are barely visible when a small amount is used. Overall, the Jar Melo Safe Finger Paints for Toddlers is a great product that’s worth the purchase.
We highly recommend Crayola Washable Kids Paint for parents looking for a safe and fun painting experience for their little ones. These fun bold colors are great for kids who want to make bright and bold crafts!
- Washable and easy to clean from skin and most washable clothing
- Smooth, creamy texture that blends easily to create even more colors
- Non-toxic and safe for kids ages 3 and up
- May require multiple coats for full coverage
- Colors may appear slightly different than advertised
- May dry out quickly if not properly sealed
We recently tried out Crayola Washable Kids Paint and were impressed with its vibrant colors and easy-to-use formula. The paint goes on smoothly and blends well to create even more colors. We also appreciate how easy it is to clean up – we had no trouble washing it off our little one’s skin and clothing. However, we did notice that some colors required multiple coats for full coverage and that the colors may appear slightly different than advertised. We also recommend making sure to properly seal the paint to prevent it from drying out too quickly.
Overall, we think Crayola Washable Kids Paint is a great choice for parents looking for a fun and safe painting experience for their children. Its washability and non-toxic formula make it a stress-free option for both kids and parents alike.
Looking for safe and natural finger paints for your little ones? Look no further than Veggie Baby Finger Paints!
- These finger paints are made with natural, organic veggies, making them safe and edible for even the youngest children.
- With five fun colors to choose from, your child will be able to unleash their creativity and create bold and beautiful pictures.
- The paints are easy to mix with water, making them a convenient choice for busy parents and caregivers.
- Some parents may find the price to be a bit steep compared to other finger paints on the market.
- The colors may not be as bright or vibrant as some other finger paints.
- The powdered formula can be a bit messy if not mixed carefully.
As a parent, I highly recommend Veggie Baby Finger Paints for any child who loves to create and explore. These paints are not only safe and natural, but they are also easy to use and come in a variety of fun colors. While they may be a bit pricier than some other finger paints, the peace of mind that comes with knowing your child is using safe and natural products is well worth it. So why not add Veggie Baby Finger Paints to your cart today and let your child’s creativity shine?
If you’re looking for a safe and fun way to let your little ones explore their creativity, we highly recommend Mr. Pen Washable Kids Paint.
- The package includes six high-pigmented colors that flow easily and steadily, providing hours of fun dabbing, dotting, and doodling.
- The paint is acid-free, non-toxic, and eco-friendly, making it safe for your kids to use and easy for you to clean up.
- Mr. Pen Washable Kids Paint can help your kids develop skills like hand-eye coordination and color recognition, while also allowing them to express their inner creativity and imagination.
- The paint may not work as well on certain surfaces, so be sure to test it out before using it on a project.
- The colors may not be as vibrant as some other paints, but they still provide plenty of fun and creative possibilities.
- The package only includes 2 fl oz of each color, so you may need to purchase more if your kids are particularly enthusiastic about painting.
Our kids had a blast using Mr. Pen Washable Kids Paint for all sorts of projects, from finger painting to creating posters. The paint flowed smoothly and evenly, and the colors were bright and cheerful. We loved that the paint washed off easily with just soap and water, and that we didn’t have to worry about any toxic chemicals or harmful fumes. The paint also didn’t stain our kids’ clothes or skin, which was a relief. Overall, we would definitely recommend Mr. Pen Washable Kids Paint for any parents looking for a safe and fun way to encourage their kids’ artistic abilities.
Make sure to also check out our list of the best washable paint for kids to use!
Baby Safe Paint for Cribs
When it comes to painting a crib, it’s important to choose a paint that is safe for babies. Look for a paint that is non-toxic, low VOC (volatile organic compounds), and water-based.
Here are some options for baby safe paint for cribs:
- ECOS Paints Nursery Paint: This paint is specifically designed for nurseries and is free of harmful chemicals. It’s also odorless and has a low VOC content.
- Sherwin-Williams Super paint with Air Purifying technology: This paint has a zero VOC formula. This SuperPaint® with Air Purifying Technology* contributes to better indoor air quality by reducing VOC levels from potential sources like carpet, cabinets and fabrics. Even thought his paint comes with a high price tag, if you are looking for a baby safe paint, this is it!
Remember to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using any type of paint, and allow the paint to fully dry and cure before placing your baby in the crib.
When it comes to choosing the best paint for your baby’s room, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some features to look for:
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are chemicals that can be found in many paints and can be harmful to your baby’s health. Look for paints that have zero VOCs. This will help ensure that your baby is not exposed to harmful chemicals.
Lead is a toxic substance that can be found in some paints. Make sure to choose paints that are lead-free to keep your baby safe.
Choosing an eco-friendly paint is not only good for your baby’s health, but it’s also good for the environment. Look for paints that are made with natural, sustainable ingredients and are free from harmful chemicals.
Babies can be messy, so it’s important to choose a paint that is easy to clean. Look for paints that are washable and can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth.
When it comes to choosing a color for your baby’s room, it’s important to choose a color that is calming and soothing. Soft pastels, muted tones, and neutral colors are all good options.
Has this list helped you decide on which paint to choose for your baby? I hope so.
Happy Crafting friends!